Very cool story Joe!

Thanks for sharing,

73

Lee
WW2DX

On Jan 2, 2008, at 8:17 PM, "Joe-aa4nn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey Lee, how's this for confidence in Elecraft...
In 2004 a bunch of us were going to Banaba, T33C,
and team members were building K2/100s for this rare
DXpedition. I don't mind telling you I was apprehensive
about newly built rigs lasting the duration due to things
like cold solder joints showing up later and especially
after being bumped and smacked around in the luggage.
Plus, at the zero hour we ordered a bunch of upgraded
chips which were to be installed while convening in Fiji
Islands. Lots of new things from Elecraft yet the K2s
performed perfectly and it was all just amazing.
de Joe, aa4nn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lee (WW2DX)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3's and VP6DX
1. I'm very curious to see how they hold up in 24x7 operation.
2. If they survive the many bumps and smacks on the way to vp6dx.
3. More exposure for Elecraft.
4. Gives me a better chance of working them.
That is why.
Thanks,
Lee
WW2DX