Ha, ha! Check the date on the article.

VK5BR has a parallel tuned circuit (two plates for the capacitor and coil
for the inductance) with the "feed" tapped across a couple of turns of the
coil.

One could use any parallel coil/capacitor combination with adequate voltage
and current ratings to do that.

It's all fed with RF from the unbalanced open wire line, which certainly
does radiate a bit. The coil/cap combination will add a tiny bit of
radiation too.

It reminds me the famous "light bulb" antenna by, if I recall correctly,
Larson E. Rapp, aka Byron Goodman, W1DX (SK) in which a feed line was
connected to an incandescent bulb atop a fence post in a much earlier April
issue of a well-known Amateur radio journal.

VK5BR's antenna might radiate a bit more, due to none of the energy being
converted to photons at visible light frequencies, but Rapp's version
offered a clear visual indication that the antenna was getting RF power.

Rewriting Maxwell's laws is a long-standing, honored tradition in many
electronics journals every April, Amateur and Professional.

Ron AC7AC