Ian wrote:

The higher the reference frequency, the more accurately you can set the
TCXO

-------------------

Is that correct? I don't know the details of Wayne's firmware, but the
accuracy of a synthesized rig is normally independent of the frequency being
received.

I go for the highest frequency standard available when I'm trying to zero
beat some lower-frequency oscillator as accurately as possible (such as when
I set my 4.000MHz counter reference oscillator zero beat to WWV at 20 MHz),
but that I don't believe that's what we're doing here. The accuracy at 50
MHz should be the same as at 500 kHz, excluding any rounding errors in the
algorithm math.

I have set my K3 on a BCB band station at 830 kHz to within 1 Hz and noted
that WWV at 15.000 MHz is still within 1 Hz.

Ron AC7AC