Thanks Geoff:

The higher the frequency of the signal you use as your 'standard' the more
accurate your REF CAL adjustment will be.

If you can use WWV / WWVH, try to use it, and at the HIGHEST frequency at
which you can hear it... 20MHz if possible, then 15 MHz, and lastly 10 MHz
if the higher frequencies cannot be received.

When performing K3 REF CAL, BEFORE going into CONFIG | REF CAL, find WWV and then adjust your SPOT tone (using MONITOR in CW mode) so the level of the SPOT tone is as close to the level of the WWV signal as possible. This will give you the deepest
nulls when attempting to achieve a really close zero beat during REF CAL.

NOTE: Unless Wayne's recently fixed it, there is a bug in the firmware which can cause some odd actions if you attempt to change the SPOT tone PITCH while you are in REF CAL, so be sure to make any adjustments to the SPOT tone outside of REF CAL.

73,

Tom   N0SS