Dave

  I agree that the delay in deliver is disappointing. I have a second
receiver on order too.
  I also am disappointed by the lack of maturity of the firmware.

   HOWEVER - I have a K3 (#70) and it is a joy to use. What it does, it does
VERY well and I still believe that the remaining features will be
implemented and operating annoyances fixed.

WRT to eham reviews of the OMNI VII
  I'm sure the OMNI VII is a fine piece of gear. The K3, OMNI VII and Flex
5000 are all interesting, innovative products with many 5 star ratings. You
might visit the Ten-Tec OMNI VII Yahoo group. I believe that you may see
similar concerns about that product. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the
Flex has it's own issues.

 I've been involved with programming and new RF product development for 35
years. The only rule that consistently applies is Hofstadter's Law:
     It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account
Hofstadter's Law

     Bob
       KD8CGH
         KX1, K2, K3, ... ?