Barry N1EU wrote:

> Dave, I also find the K3 subrx delay a real bummer that may impact my
> purchase timing.
>
> But as far as your proposition that "The Ten Tec Omni VII . . . may be a
> worthy and fully developed competitor", are you REALLY buying that?  I
> guess worthiness (not to mention "fully developed") totally depends on the
> context of comparison and how quickly you're apt to butt up against the
> radio's limitations.  In tough band condx, I don't think it would be much
> of a comparison.

The K3 also has a 5.0 review rating at eHam. What does that prove?

Like you, I am disappointed at the amount of promised features still to be
delivered. It takes the shine out of owning a new K3 just a bit. If I was
going to write a review at eHam, I'd give it only a 4 just because of that.

But do I regret buying it? No. And when those features eventually come, I'll
still be ahead of all those who held off buying until they were ready.

-----
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: 222
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
Zerobeat Ham Forums: www.zerobeat.net/smf