Regarding the short life span of the Elecraft headphone jacks; I have replaced
the jack on my K2 twice.  I just finished a K1 two weeks ago, and guess what?
The headphone jack failed the first time a plug was inserted.  Luckily, I had a
spare laying around in my Elecraft spare parts bin.

Similarly, the K1 key jack had a bit of debris (a fragment of black plastic)
inside that took a considerable amount of wiggling and shaking to get it
cleared and working.

When do you suppose Elecraft will recognize this shortcoming and provide more
robust jacks?

By the way, I've never had a problem with getting replacements from Elecraft.
The spare I had was sent to me very quickly and at no cost the last time my K2
jack failed.

Carl Strode
WA7CS