Subject: Re: [Elecraft] k2 earphone jack

When the jack on my K2 failed, after I replaced it, and not wanting to go through that again, I went with an external solution. I plugged a short "Y" cord (from RS) into the external speaker jack and ran one extention off that on the underside of my operating desk to the front edge and "mounted" the female end in a hole I drilled. That's where I plug my headphones. No cord dangling across the desk. The other end of the "Y" cord receives the cord from my external speaker. To turn the speaker off I simply unplug the speaker. The two cords are different colors so it is easy to tell which one to unplug.
73,
Sam KL7V