Comrades,
Thanks for all the ideas on what to do with the earphone jack.  I  conclude
that no more robust jack is available that will fit.  I switch  from a headset
to a cable to feed a very nice laptop based dsp cw terminal  program (written
by AG4ND) and so need to change the plug at least once almost  every day.

What I think I'm going to do is replace the external speaker jack on the
back with a more substantial one and possibly use a small pigtail to minimize
the number of changes on this new built-in one.

Whenever the Aptos Gang gets back to the K2, I'd have to say from what I've
seen here, that J2 would be a great candidate for a solid upgrade.  But I  do
love the k2

73  AI4TO  John Ferguson M/V Arcadian

48)