With SSB mic level adjusted  to the max level (ALC to
the max)the average power measured on external meter
is only 4 Watts with distorted audio (power output set
at 110W). If I use external compressor the average
power is still only 4 Watts. This is done with CMP
gain at zero. This is not normal. Contest or ESSB guys
will not like that.
With K3 compression to the max average power is about
8 Watts.

K3 is a great radio but not in the transmit SSB mode.
If Mic gain is adjusted properly so there is no
distortion than the average power is even lower.

I'm sure that this could be improved in firmware.
If not than K3 would not be that good in the contest
and Dx -ing on SSB
Anybody has the same experience?
I remember that Toby from Bavarian DX Club and some
other guy was talking about SSB audio.

I'm not complaining but I would like to have SSB
signal comparable to radios like TS850, Ft1000D and so
on.
I hope that Elecraft will put this on their agenda.

Beside that, K3 is superb TRX-the best.

Mark