Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> Very early on Wayne called for two felt washers behind the VFO A knob, but
> then dropped one as several people reported your experience.
>
> The K3 Assembly manual has called for only ONE washer to be installed
> behind
> each VFO knob since at least last October (Rev A of the manual that went
> out
> with the first customer shipments), and the parts list has called for only
> two washers, one for each VFO knob.
>
> Did I miss something? What document said to install two of them?

Page 33 of Rev C, K3 Assembly Manual (updated for Rev. C-2 ERRATA):

Figure 45-1 "PLACE ONE FELT WASHER (***singular***)..."

Figure 45-2  "PLACE THE KNOB ON THE SHAFT SO IT HAS THE DESIRED AMOUNT OF
DRAG AGAINST THE FELT WASHERS (***plural***)..."

Given the fact that my kit had an extra washer and the documentation above
was inconsistent, I concluded I should have installed two washers.  However,
also being a firm believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", I left my
Main VFO knob with one washer installed.  I'm very happy with the action of
both it and the Sub knob (which has one washer also).

73,  Bill  W4ZV