Augie's report on on Mr. Sherwood's remarks were quite interesting.  The last
remark concerning poor transmit specifications interested me.

>From my days in Vo-Tech Electronics in High School some 40 years ago....isn't
>Class A not very efficient?  You can get more power out of class AB1 or AB2
>but you have to keep to the linear portion of the curve to avoid distortion.
>I guess what is happening is that the rigs are not keeping to the linear
>portion of the curve because of over drive by the operator or by the circuitry
>to compensate for something or other.  A linear amp has to operated in the
>linear part of the curve. Right?  So, what are these rigs doing?

If I remember correctly, isn't Yaesu's FT9000 or FT1000XXX has a button that
allows Class-A operation?

What rigs run Class A?

How does that sound on the RX end and what do you give up on the TX end?  Power
out?

Interesting discussion with Mr. Sherwood's Data and comments.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?