Mike,

If of any interest to you VP6DX was peaking here on 40m short path around 08:20Z (CW contact at 08:14Z and SSB at 08:51Z), and strong on 15m short path for a good hour during our afternoon (CW contact at 16:48Z before SSB contact at 16:37Z). Have heard them on 40m long path during the afternoon after working them, but the EU QRM was rough! I have not tried the other bands. Glad to have got my shack moved just in time :-)

Good luck!

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Mike Willis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:18 PM

I tried, for an hour. There was simply no chance against all the stronger, mainly Southern Europeans trying for their 3rd or 4th band contact. When they did come up a bit stronger and some of the Eastern EU faded, they went off to 7.29MHz to work the USA. All this was SSB. CW was not an option for me as unfortunately, VP6DX never seemed to slow down in their CW for those of us limited in ability to around 15WPM. I can see why as they make more contacts that way, but the speed they were going it was nearly impossible for me to tell what was going on, when to call etc.

Mike