Personally, I think black is a very "classy" color. I'd even like to have a black automobile, notwithstanding the fact that I live in the Arizona desert! I prefer K3 black to K2 gray, but I suppose that's just me. Black is a neutral color (as are colors like tan and gray), but I think it contrasts better with other colors better than other neutral colors do. Black is actually "the absence of color", so I guess that's why it works that way for me. Anyway, I vote to keep rolling out the products in black.

But if you want colors, take a look at that new german transceiver (Hilberling? or whatever). It costs a fortune, but I saw it at Dayton, and you can get it in all sorts of colors--some were pretty wild! Personally I thought some of the offered colors would only look good in a bordelo, but everyone to his or her taste!

Dave W7AQK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Bowman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 in different colors?

This brings to mind a quote attributed to Henry Ford. When asked what colors the Model T was available in he replied: "You can have any color you want as long as it's black."

Hey, if it's good enought for Henry, Eric & Wayne, it's good enough for me! :)

Bruce, NM5B

Just black works fine for me! It compliments my jeans and scruffy shirt quite nicely.

If it came in different colors, I might have to buy an all new wardrobe to match my new "accessory", and that would make the purchase of a K3 quite an overall expenditure. I might have to have a different K3 to match my current mood too, so more expenses would result. :-) Now, where did I put those credit card applications offering cheap credit?

73,
Don W3FPR