The hardest part sometimes is not jabbing something
outside of your magnified view.

[Elecraft] K3 hardware - The Mystery Mods?
Brett Howard brett at livecomputers.com
Wed Feb 27 16:46:20 EST 2008

Mods?

The hard part about the jab and flick to me is to be
sure that you get
enough heat in there that you are lifting the part and
not the pad/trace.
Also you have to be careful that you don't get too
much heat there as that
can lift the pad/trace too... :)

I deal with 0402 sized stuff at work all the time and
thank my lucky stars
that we've not yet gone to 0201 or the 01005's that
I've seen on some sample
kits!  THOSE ARE SMALL!  0402 isn't too terribly scary
especially if board
density is relatively low.  The thing that annoys me
is the BGA's with blind
and buried vias!  Cause its always the signal that you
need to look at that
is on internal layers all the way from part to part.