Sorry to continue this thread (1 and only post on this), but ....

I don't remember it being described as 0.5ppm - only as 1ppm - it's on the
order page as +/- 1ppm.

OK, so there may have been a mail saying with firmware Elecraft might be
able to better that (I can't be bothered to search the archives to find out
frankly).

But its sold as a 1ppm TCXO. I don't believe it is advertised as anything
other than a 1ppm. The only ref. I can find on the K3 products page is:
"- All signal sources phase-locked to common 49.380 MHz reference
oscillator; 1 PPM TCXO option"

As one who has railed against the previous delivery delays and is still
waiting for the KRX3 and KDVR3 (lets not go there, I know and accept why the
delays), I think I must defend them on this one - they are not advertising
something here that you are not getting.

73 de M0XDF / K3 #174

On 04/03/2008 22:41, "S Sacco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

> Hi Brett  -
>
> I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here.  I PAID for .5 ppm
> capability, and it's not available to me.  Further, Elecraft continues
> to advertise and sell it, but makes no effort to disclose that you
> won't be getting everything you paid for.
>
> It should be painfully obvious that there are two issues here - one is
> that the firmware isn't available, and, the other the way Elecraft
> choses to handle that problem.
>
> I find their approach to be very disrespectful of their customers, and
> it's apparently SOP for them.
>
> Let's end this here, okay?  I think we've both stated our opinions
> very well, and obviously each of us is steadfast in our position.
>
> 73,
> Steve NN4X
>

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Brett Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I don't remember how or why but I knew that it wasn't done before you'd
>>  mentioned being upset about it.  I wish I knew where it was that I'd learned
>>  that but to me it was made very clear that this capability wasn't there yet.
>>  Have you noted a difference between the 1ppm you have and the 0.5ppm that
>>  they haven't released yet?
>>
>>  I'd hope that you realized that there were still some options that weren't
>>  fully ready yet and that they were going to be coming in the near future.
>>  This is a small piece of the pie and I'm willing to bet its something that
>>  you don't even notice and probably don't even have the equipment (or at the
>>  very least time) to test it.  I think I'd just not fret the numbers and just
>>  enjoy the hobby...  I understand being upset that the feature isn't there
>>  instantly but it's a pretty minor deal considering the cost that you paid
>>  for the best receiver in the market right now isn't it?

The problem with being sure that God is on your side is that you can't
change your mind, because God sure isn't going to change His. -Roger Ebert,
film-critic (1942- )