I found the group on 7.185, after listening for a few minutes on 7.188.
I was able to check in through Mark,WQ7X. WA7BOC was barely audible until about 1/2 way through the net. I did also hear another station from Texas (I think) but do not remember his call. Very heavy static, the filters in the K3 (#253) did not do much good. But then I'm only on a vertical. WIll try 20, this Sunday.
73
Ken WB2ART

Solosko, Robert B (Bob) wrote:
Hello All,

        How did the K3s perform under last night's conditions?

        At just about 9PM EST, I heard the word "Elecraft" on 7188, and
after that I could hear that there were transmissions on that frequency,
but given the static crashes and high QRN level, nothing more was
understandable (it just goes to show the "Elecraft" stands out). At
about 9:15, I clearly heard K4PV in N.W. Florida and he was able to copy
me, then he talked to another station who I could hear but not
understand. At about 9:30, everything disappeared (except the static and
QRN).

        My K2 does a wonderful job on CW under such high QRN conditions
since I can use my very narrow IF and DSP filters to essentially
eliminate the QRN, but it doesn't do well at all on SSB - when the
signal is barely understandable, using narrower SSB filters doesn't
significantly reduce the QRN and makes the signal even more difficult to
understand (the SSB filters work better  under heavy QRM conditions).
And the noise blanker in my K2 of course has no effect on the static and
QRN conditions we had last night.

        So, how did the K3s do under last night's conditions?

73,

Bob W1SRB
Reading, Ma (just north of Boston)