Discovered another reason I don't like them spiral lights with the nasty mercury in them....I have been plagued by QRN.....and once I "heard" that it was a very regular pattern(like a fast motor-boat) I went hunting....

Sure enough, one of them modren, don't use much power, lasts a long time toxic material containing bulbs was ossylayting to beat the band....

Now, I have unscrewed it and have packed it away in a shock proof transportation carrier so that I can legally transport it to one of the two approved faciltities around here that accepts them...and hope that it doesn't break and force me to report myself to the Maryland Environmental Police so they can condem my car and force me to hire a toxic waste hauler to take the car with the shattered bulb to the approved disposal facility.

73 k3hrn
Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer

www.baltimorehon.com/                    Home of the Baltimore Lexicon
www.tlchost.net/hosting/                 Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month