When I had a lot of lo-vol down lighters fitted, I paid a little more and
have torroidal transformers fitted, instead of the cheaper switching
'transformer'. It means you can't dim them - but they are in places where I
don't need to anyway.

On 09/03/2008 22:52, "Jerry Flanders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

> You must have had a noisy switcher power supply for those low-voltage
> halogens. The halogen bulb is simply another conventional bulb with a
> filament and halogen gas is added to prevent the metal filament from
> evaporating. 110 V halogens would probably have been FB.
>
> Jerry W4UK
>
> At 05:42 PM 3/9/2008, Denise&Werner wrote:
>> When I put my shack together I put in some halogen lighting from an overhead
>> shelf that looked pretty cool till I turned on the lights.
>>
>> Talk about noise. It was like a blanket . I switched off the lights and it
>> was gone.
>>
>> These were the low voltage halogens.
>>
>> By the way, I just ordered my K3 yesterday. I just couldn't stand to hear
>> about all the fun I was missing.
>>

>> Werner   N8BB

>> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
>> Elecraft web page: http://www.elecraft.com

There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience. -French proverb