Thom LaCosta wrote:
Did the problem go away when you replaced it with another of that type - i.e, was it a defective bulb? Or do all bulbs of this type give you this problem? I have several of them here and haven't noticed any problem, but I might have missed something.

I have one that's right over the rig...and as far as I can tell, it isn't making noise....I unscrewed it and there was no difference in the QRN.
Thom and the group,

I have had a terrible noise on 40m for quite a while and I thought (big mistake) it was really band noise. Last Thursday evening just before the Fox hunt, I decided to really determine if it was band noise or "in the house" noise.

The CFL's, computer, and computer monitor were fine. The last thing I powered off was the brick power supply for an external IDE hard drive that I use for backups. The +20 noise dropped to nothing. Plugging it back in produced the +20 noise again. My K2 with the KDSP2 sounds better now than it has sounded in a long while. I never realized just how noisy those small devices are. Hope this helps someone else....

Regards & 73

--
Jay
AJ4AY