With trepidation I read the article in the latest QST - the same issue in which the K3 review is published - "Audio Frequency Enhancement." As I feared, the secret is out. Just look at the top cover of your K3 and read the article and you'll understand. (Not an ARRL member? Sorry, it is copyrighted material.)

Fortunately, the author didn't explain how the Higgins Model can be applied to DSP, so we can still claim that competitive edge.

73,

Lyle KK7P

PS - Now you know why you shouldn't operate the K3 while it is standing on its side. Those little rubber feet are for protection when traveling, or to correctly place the matching K3 right channel external speaker (if and when it becomes available). Or the panadaptor (not yet available) for those who are not left-eyed.

Back to my Kool-Aid...