All have forgotten to mention that the grounding rods need to be pounded into the air. While the medium is not too hard, there has always been some difficulty with the ground rods "shifting." Various work-arounds have been developed to address this problem. I have always been partial to the "congealed air" method, but others have had success with other approaches. Google "congealed air" and I'm sure you'll find quite a few leads.

...robert