Looking at the scope picture of a single Morse dit at G4AON's
site http://www.astromag.co.uk/k3/k3_envelope2.jpg indicates
the trailing edge might be a bigger contributor to potential
clicks than the leading edge of the waveform.  Note the upper
right corner has a fairly "sharp" transition from "on" to
"falling" and compare that to the nicely shaped transition at
the upper left corner.

>From all reports the K3 is more than acceptable but if any
additional effort is put into CW shaping, the "upper right"
transition may be a place to look.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV