Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Looking at the scope picture of a single Morse dit at G4AON's site http://www.astromag.co.uk/k3/k3_envelope2.jpg indicates the trailing edge might be a bigger contributor to potential clicks than the leading edge of the waveform. Note the upper right corner has a fairly "sharp" transition from "on" to "falling" and compare that to the nicely shaped transition at the upper left corner. From all reports the K3 is more than acceptable but if any additional effort is put into CW shaping, the "upper right" transition may be a place to look.

Wayne has looked into an alternative shaping of the keyed envelope with the intent of reducing the bandwidth of the keyed signal without increasing (and possibly decreasing) the overall rise/fall times.

He's put this aside for now because he's working on higher priority projects like the subreceiver, but I expect that at some time we will see this.

As K3KO also noted, it's not all in the rise/fall times.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco