Jerry,

On 30 Mar 2008 at 19:19, n0jrn wrote:

> One other question to insure I am not setting myself up for
> disappointment. :-)
>
> When you use CAL  CUR  to set the current limit,  is there a limit to
> how high one can go without jeopardizing the rig??
>
> My K2  has  the  KSB2,  KDSP2,  KNB2,  KAT2,  KBT2,  KIO2  &  K160RX
> installed.
>
> When I key the rig with it set to 10 watts out,   I'm getting  about
> 2.8 amps of draw.     I didn't figure that was unusual with all the
> options on board.   BUT  it kept giving me a high current warning when
> I first key up and it appeared to be cutting my output back.   So,  I
> went into CAL CUR and raised the current limit to 3.0 amps.
>
> Initial setting per the manual was 2.5 amps.
>
> Just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to burn the house down........
>
> What cha think ??

the maximal output and power drain is on 40m.
I use 3.5 A Cal Cur setting and was said to be on the save side with this.

73! de Werner
OE9FWV

--
 Die letzten Worte des PC's: Starting Windows95...

PGP-Key: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/furlan.asc>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 820 555 85 2621
Mobile      +43 664 6340014