Scott,

The real answer is "it all depends" - it depends on the isolation provided by your particular relay. Since you did not specify the relay that you are considering, I cannot look up the characteristics, but you are looking for an isolation of 60 dB or greater if you are considering 100 watts of power - if you are also considering an amplifier to the legal limit, look for something that will provide 80 dB of isolation. You will also have to consider how to mute the transceiver that is not being selected unless you can arrange for some other method of protecting your ears.

73,
Don W3FPR

Scott McDowell wrote:
Hi
I need some ones opinion on something I am thinking about doing.
I sure hate to have to say, I wish I hadn't done that!
I have two transceivers and one multi-band yagis antenna.
Switching the coax from one rig to the other gets to be a hassle.
I've been thinking about getting a coaxial switch with
two outputs and one input. Then connecting one transceiver
to one output and the other transceiver to the other output.
Then connect the input to the beam. Is there going to be
enough seperation in the switch  to keep from damaging
the transceiver that is turned off and switched out of
the circuit? Has anyone done this?
Any information appreciated.
73
Scott