To: "Romanchik Dan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Measuring power output of an SSB transmitter

Actually, for a narrow-band signal, you only have to sample at twice the
BANDWIDTH, not twice the frequency.  So long as there are no interfering
signals around (reasonably accurate when measuring a transmitter),
so-called "undersampling" works fine so long as:

1.  The sample rate is more than twice the bandwidth.
2.  None of the harmonics (sample_rate/2) fall close to the signal.

Al N1AL