Fred and All,

I believe the adapter supplied with the Elecraft Pro Set is a true Kenwood adapter. On the K2 you wired the radio for whatever microphone you wanted. If you wanted to use a Kenwood microphone setup you wired the K2 accordingly. That would put bias on pin 5. The Elecraft Pro Set, which is an electret with the "IC" cartridge, was deemed to be fully "Kenwood compatible, and so they just supplied a Kenwood adapter with the Pro Set, and that worked fine on a K2 wired for Kenwood. Along comes the K3, with bias preset on pin 6, and they are still sending out the Kenwood adapter. I think that's why it doesn't work for you. I have the Elecraft Pro Set also, and I just use the jacks on the back of the K3--no adapter used.

Dave W7AQK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:32 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] re: K3 [Elecraft Proset Question

Ike Topliss wrote:
John,

The adaptor that I received with my Heil Proset K2 does not work at
all with my K3 on the front panel connector.  However, the mic when
plugged into the rear panel works perfectly.  Just adding this to the
info you've already received.

My experience too using the adapter that came with the K2Proset. Works fine with the rear connector. I'll wait for some answers here.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2008 Cal QSO Party  4-5 Oct 08
- www.cqp.org