My Proset K2 works fine in the front connector of my K2 using the supplied adapter cable.
This was purchased along with the K3.
The Mic is a 'mono' style 3.5mm (pretty sure it's not 1/8", but the ever so slightly larger 3.5mm) connector, so the bias must be supplied to the tip at a guess. I normally use it in the rear mic socket and so I just set MENU MIC SEL = RP.L BIAS
(rear panel, low mic gain with bias).
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174

--
God gives every bird his worm, but he does not throw it into the nest.
-Swedish proverb