K3 #584 must have had the old audio pots which are fantastic -- they have a solid feel to them and coupled with the knobs (which sorta add to the old-timey flavor) it reminds me of knobs on my Drake 2B or an old Hallicrafters radio!

Joe, W2RBA

KM5Q wrote:
My #764 wasn't missing anything. I'm left with an extra pile of spare hardware, so I could have dropped a tiny screw and been OK. My dual-pots have only slight play. They turn smoothly. I think they switched vendor and should watch for this!

My rig worked fine at first power-up.

Windy KM5Q

Bob K9PAG wrote:
Mon, 05 May 2008 10:10:27 -0700

My kit K3 #818 came with the shafts on the four small dual function knobs
lose and the associated pots feeling like they were gritty when turned.
Sure not as smooth and nice as my ICOM 746!  Wonder how many #800 units
experienced this problem or is it just me?   The lose shafts and gritty
feeling when turned reminds me of cheap volume controls on a Chinese radio. And how many have experienced a DOA KSYN3 (synthesizer) board in your kit? In addition, how many of you have experienced missing hardware in your kit
making it difficult to complete?