The four small controls are digital encoders - not pots. they have some play
because they are also pushbutton type switches. The encoders have the
"click" built in to allow the operator to "fine tune" the digital steps. The
$20,000 Agilent test equipment we use at work have the same "pots".
My unit had a broken L18 coil lead on the KBPF3 board which I re-soldered.
The Mic ckt board (front panel)needed a mod. I have plenty of hardware left
over, probably because each extra option I ordered came with extras.

I like this radio better than any I have owned so far (licensed in 1960). I
hope you can get the things resolved that are bugging you - it seems that
the company is working hard to please.

This is my first Elecraft product purchase.