Tom makes an excellent point.

Like spoken or written language, we consider the context when copying CW.
That's how we can copy words even when we miss some characters. And, when we
see the end of a recognizable word, we automatically assume that is the end.
That is, we often sense a space where there isn't one. That's why a word
like "superstructure", taken out of context, is easily copied as "super
structure" even when there is no intentional space.

An unforgiving algorithm measuring the time and reporting accordingly is a
great training aid if you want to approach "machine timing".

Ron AC7AC