I don't have a K3 yet but I'm happy with the Band+ and Band- buttons
on my K2. I pretty much know how many pushes I'll need to get from one
band to another, usually only one or two away.

Anyhow, the display changes instantly with each button push before the
relays get a chance to switch, so you can quickly step through
multiple bands, watching the display without tripping the relays,
until your target band is reached. For the ten or so ham bands we have
this seems like a reasonable way of getting around.

I don't know that I'd want ten or twelve extra buttons for this. That
just doesn't seem any more convenient to me. In fact, it is less
convenient. (But then I am a bug and straight key op so pushing a
switch many hundreds of times in sequence is not a big deal to me,
haha!)

I never have to look at the Band+/Band- buttons; I know where they are
by touch and can just focus on the display. I see that the K3 also has
them in the same location: top left corner. That is ideal as far as
I'm concerned.

Now, getting around the non-ham bands is a different story. I'm not
too crazy about direct frequency entry. Would prefer to just spin a
knob to increment or decrement the frequency in 1-Mhz steps, maybe
five 1-MHz steps per each full turn of the knob.

I understand there is some problem with going between ham bands and
non ham frequencies. I expect this will get straightened out at some
point.

73,
Drew
AF2Z