I'm starting to think that if, historically, all rigs had come with Band+ and Band- buttons, plus dedicated GoToBandXY buttons, we'd be seeing posts asking for a knob connected by a shaft to a multi-gang rotary switch, hooked to a big air-wound coil with multiple taps.

I'm confident the Elecraft guys are prioritizing their efforts, and putting "Fifty ways to change bands" at the nether end of the list.

73,
Dave KQ3T

Dave Van Wallaghen wrote:
Ok, lets see if I get it - users want to randomly assign bands to a set of
buttons in an order of their choosing, that makes sense to the operation
they are performing, then memorize the meaning of the buttons, and call up a
particular (and memorized) band with a single button.
And this would be more convenient than cycling through the band select
buttons, presumably because you are forced to cycle through bands you may
not need to at this point in your operation.

Am I getting this right? I apologize for the bandwidth - I'm just trying to
get educated.

73,
Dave W8FGU