I find that the narrower filters take out a lot of the noise before it
hits the DSP and it can even make just rag chew conditions nicer in my
very electrically noisy area.  Actually I'm quite excited that once I
get my K3 back that I can set the 250Hz filter to be able to use it up
at 350.  I even am adding the 1Khz filter as the step in the noise when
switching from my 250Hz to my 1.8Khz was pretty large.

Honestly I'm not so sure that the 1.8 is really all that much of a help
over the 2.7 but the 250 is a big help over the 2.7 and the 1.8.  Plus I
just like having the radio do all the intelligent rock switching.  Makes
it a very nice combination and mixing of the old way of doing things and
the new way of doing things.