I think I must be missing something.

As I understand it, the additional crystal filters are only really necessary when operating with very strong adjacent signals in the passband. So, if you don't have a need for rejection of such strong signals, let's say >40 over S9 (somebody correct this figure please) then you don't need these extra filters, the DSP will cope with these large signals. The filters are only there to prevent overload of the DSP.

Therefore, to perform the very best diversity reception in <40 over S9 conditions, turn off those extra filters in configuration menu.

Having turned off the filters, I can engage the attenuator to avoid DSP overload if needed. Yes, I know it also reduces the signal I'm trying to hear, but that sacrifice may be what is needed.

For diversity reception using low gain loop, pennant, flag, Beverage, loaded whip antennas, the signal input is very much lower than from the tx antenna, so, crystal filters are probably not be needed at all.

Or do I have it all completely wrong?

David
G3UNA