The reason I'm particularly interested is because I fancy doing diversity reception and de-select my roofing filters in the main rx so there is no phase shifting relative to the second rx without filters.

Have you de-selected the roofing filters to do a comparison with and without?

David
G3UNA

When I adjust the filter width knob, I'm most definitely hearing the
combined effect of the DSP bandwidth reduction and the change in roofing
filters.  But, since I can change DSP without changing the roofing
filter (by stepping from 1500 Hz down to 550 Hz) I can get a good feel
for how the DSP filter sounds.  Then, stepping to 500 Hz, I can see the
combined effect of one more DSP step plus the insertion of the 500 Hz
roofing filter.  The observed big change from 550 Hz to 500 Hz is
*mostly* due to the roofing filter.

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -