It has recently astonished me just how deaf some headphones are. In my work I was given aircraft headphones that needed 2W to get the same audio output as our own make that needed about 20mW. That quick test with the spl meter needs to be repeated on a calibrated jig and I'll be taking my ham phones in to get them checked. I'll post the results here.

David
G3UNA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [Elecraft] K3 #1037 in IARU contest

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 16:49:25 -0700, Fred Jensen wrote:

Slightly different subject, I wouldn't mind at all if the K3 had more
audio available in the headfones from both the monitor and sidetone.

Fred,

There's an AF Gain setting in the Config Menu. Check that it's set to
"HI."  If you need more, maybe I can help you find headphones with higher
voltage sensitivity.

Jim