Brett Howard wrote:

> Personally I'd rather have the ability to do CW in SSB anywhere as it
> turns out to be a good safety feature if ever need be.  Granted cross
> mode is more of a safety option when we're talking about a KX1 but you
> never know.  Personally I feel that not disallowing TX outside of the
> bands (or making things configurable so that one can transmit outside of
> band (with just a warning if your OOB) would be a good enhancement.

I agree. I don't see any reason to disable anything. If you don't want to
use something, or aren't allowed to use something, then just don't use it.
We're licensed amateurs, we know what the rules are, we don't need our
radios playing nanny to make sure we don't do anything we're not supposed
to.

-----
Julian, G4ILO
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack