Thanks for your input, Mike.
I am really OK with my K3, only looking what can be "better" :-)
As I am using independent RX and TX ports on 144MHz transverter (from which a 10GHz are driven next) I can put any-dB attenuator to TX line without any effect on Rx (actually what I have now is 10step/10dB attenuator in RX line going to RX ANT to fit gain levels with ATT in the K3). But if somebody has 100W version of K3 and need 100mW for driving it is another story... yes 30dB/100W attenuator is also solution to prevent over driving of transverter input but little bit unpractical.

Still disabling of any other bands then transverter bands seems to be better for me :-) But again I do think it is (may be) good for any usage on HF contest or portable opreation where only several bands are reallly needed. I am not sure now but maybe Yaesu has something like "my bands" on ft2k - not sure now.
Maybe it is simple in firmware, maybe not. But my thinking is :-)

73!
L. -dst-

P.S.: I have a second transverter for 2m driven via KRX 1,5mW output and there were some problems with power levels etc - something reported as a bug, something solved...

AD6XY napsal(a):
You should really be using the transverter interface so that it is impossible
to have 10W emerging from that port, however, what I have done in the past
with radios without a transverter output, like the FT817, is to fit a 20 dB
attenuator in line. The system for 10GHz usually has more than enough gain
to overcome this by the time the low noise pre-amp is added. In fact, if you
arrange it properly and use a common TX/RX mixer you then do not need TX/RX
switching at the IF side and the dangers of blowing up the transverter by
not correctly switching TX/RX are over.
Beware of the transverter interface, it appears to have some problems, at
least mine does, at low power levels.

Mike

Alexandr Kobranov wrote:

Ok Arie, most such "ideas" are based on personal experience and feeling.
For example when I am running K3 at i/f for 10GHz during contest using ANT output for driving of transverter chain with 100mW out, I am little bit afraid when somebody else from our club is running this setup not to swith to some HF band by mistake where - if not set to 0,1W for all bands before - more power up to 12W (yes, I have 10W only version...) can go to ANT and which is able to destroy transverter TX input driven by 100mW. (Sometimes there is also unwanted band-switching during VOX or QSK mode changing - yes it is mistake of operator, but...) So as you can simply see, in my case there is this reason to "disable" all others bands from UP/DOWN swithing to in this specific setup.
Maybe I am alone, maybe not :-)

73!
L. -dst-

Arie Kleingeld PA3A napsal(a):
During a WW contest there are many buttons I press and controls I touch.
I do not mind touching a band button an extra time to skip a band when
I'm changing bands.
This is realy the least of my problems...

73,
Arie PA3A