Yes, PITCH would seem like a good choice for the signal pitch
adjustment. Or perhaps signal pitch could be made an additional option
for the RIT/XIT control when RIT/XIT is off? (RIT is already an
optional coarse tune control and has also been suggested as an
optional band switch.)

For sidetone pitch adjustment, perhaps MON could allow it with a 2nd
push? Then you'd have sidetone pitch and volume with a single control.
Makes sense?

73,
Drew
AF2Z