I don't disagree at all Drew.  I would fancy having the RIT / XIT knob
operate as a CW Pitch control so one knob could vary all required
parameters in real time.  Until that day comes, I'm thinking I can get
most of the functionality using 2 knobs (RIT & Shift).  Actually, using
2 knobs makes me feel more like a "real ham radio operator" since I'm
actually using 2 knobs plus my brain to make an adjustment LOL!

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -