-----Original Message-----
>Actually, using
>2 knobs makes me feel more like a "real ham radio operator" since I'm
>actually using 2 knobs plus my brain to make an adjustment LOL!
>
>- Keith N1AS -
>- K3 711 -

Well, Keith... the next thing you will be telling me is you prefer a
straight key or bug over a keyer... hee,hee.

Awe, man, Drew, you've ratted me out!

If you look on my operating desk, you'll see a straight key hooked in
parallel with a bug.  My paddles are on a shelf in the same room but
safely tucked away in a zip lock bag to keep dust off.  My microphone is
... well, give me a few minutes ... I know I have one ... somewhere :-)

Your other point not needing to hear the sidetone to adjust pitch (just
do it using the RX signal) is a good one.  I think most times, adjusting
offset while listening to the receiver and just having the sidetone
pitch follow along would be just fine.  But, if some crazy OT has
decided to adjust RIT and SHIFT, then the received pitch will thrown
off.  Other than that, I think the idea is a grand one!

I guess if I had the choice between adjusting pitch only while hearing
the sidetone or only while hearing the received signal, I'd choose the
latter - assuming I still get the pitch readout in Hz during the
adjustment.

73 all!

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -