Gary,

You should be very proud that you placed your family first. I have known
many hams who sacrificed family to buy their ham radio toys. The K2 is a
wonderful radio whether it is the QRP or QRO version. I was given one to
play with for the summer which impressed me so much I sold my Icom gear.

The good thing is Elecraft is going to be around for a long time so you can
order one when times get better.

73, VE7HJ
James