Hi Bruce,

I do not have the battery pack in my K2 however for years I have been using these chargers for various
Gel cells and small lead acid batteries:

http://batterytender.com/selection_guide.php

The Plus model at $60 is a 4 step charger for gel cells, and others, and the JR at $40 is a 3 step charger that I have used also on very small Gel cell batteries when a lower charge rate was desired. These are very popular in the Motorcycle world. They are discounted quite a bit and I've seen them for $35 and $27 each. When the MC's are retired for the winter I just leave a charger connected and they are ready to go in the spring. I have 3 Plus models and a JR and they have never failed me.
                No financial interest just a satisfied customer.

73,
Bob
K2TK

Bruce James Howes wrote:

Hello all,

Is there a simple off the shelf model of battery charger which I can buy or build that will properly charge the K2 battery? I'd prefer not to drill a hole in the rear apron, so I'm looking for a commercial solution, ideally with an adjustable output.

What have you found that works, or how did you solve your K2 battery dilemma?

Thanks!

73 Bruce W1UJR
www.w1ujr.net