Jim Brown-10 wrote:

> So as far as I can tell, it has NOTHING to do with the K3, and the
> programmers should not need a K3 to solve the problem. They just need to
> find
> a better way for computers to generate CW. Since I'm not a programmer, I
> have
> no idea how much of a challenge that is.
>
> The sad thing though is that the N1MM programmers SEEM to have abandoned
> the
> idea. If you want to use N1MM and run SO2R, you should voice your concerns
> them.

At a wild guess (since I've never used the program) they are running
something at a high priority in order to try to overcome Windows innate
inability to do accurate high speed timing.

The K3 has a very elegant, processor-independent method of sending CW from a
computer via the serial port, the KY command. Unfortunately as has been
pointed out on two previous occasions when I have questioned why it is not
used, the trouble is that the K2 and K3 are the only radios that implement
this in a properly thought-out way, so developers of general purpose
software are not interested in doing the necessary work to exploit it.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3