Hi Dave (W7AQK) et all:

You are correct, Dave.  I have been a strong supporter of Scott's logging
software for many, many years.  I spent a great deal of my own time working
with him to get ACLog to work with my (then new) FT1000MP.  We finally got
there, and it worked flawlessly ever since.  That is exactly why I was so
surprised with Scott's reaction to my offer to help with the implementation
of the K3.  What the heck, it's almost the same basic framework as the K2,
which he has implemented.

I watched curiously as Scott's attention turned to weather forecasting
software and some other projects just a bit "outside the box" in my mind.  I
was a huge proponent of ACLog specifically because of Scott and Kimberly's
great support for the program and recommended it to everyone (see my posts
on eHam.net).  That is exactly why I felt like Scott brushed me off when I
had specific questions about the K3 interface.  To me, it sounded like he
was saying "I'm not going there".  Perhaps he's too busy, perhaps he has
developed other interests, and, like you say, maybe I caught him on a bad
day.  I don't know.  But as someone who has helped him promote his product
in the past, and offered to do it again, who is then rebuked, I don't know
what else to think. (Insert typical:  "I have no financial or business
interest in ACLog" here.)

Again, you are, indeed, correct.  It sure doesn't sound like the Scott that
I've dealt with for many years.  But how do you do what he does in light of
the huge success of Elecraft's K3?

I have since sampled some very nice logging and CAT software to which I
wouldn't have given a moment of thought to until now.

73,
Terry, W0FM