Dick's comments are on point.  Simple DTR CW has problems
and CW Keyer offers both WinKey and a USB interface.  Other
than USB vs. RS-232, USB Interface II does not offer any value
added for the K3.

The situation changes significantly if one is talking about
digital modes, DVK, contesting, etc. with one of the more
advanced interfaces.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV