>For five years of serious contesting, I've never used anything more
>complicated than a serial cable and breakout of DTR through an NPN to the
>key jack to send CW.

Seems it may work. I have 2 Microham boxes and they work fine. I am just
trying to find out whether one can reduce the box and cable count especially
when oprtating portable.

>Also, USB to serial converters are
>notoriously flaky (CW problems, control problems, crashing computer
>problems), so having one that is known to work is a BIG plus.

Many new laptops do not have serial ports. Are there any USB/serial adapters
that are reliable for CW?

>Another big
>plus for the Microham stuff is the high level of support that Joe Subich
>provides.

No question about that; Joe explained a few problems that I had in no
time...

Ignacy, NO9E