On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:56:31 -0700, Gary D Krause wrote:

> Are you
>implying that because you are a Liberal Arts Major, you are somehow less able
>to understand or comprehend than anyone else?  There are many of us with
>degrees in the arts that are also hams.  It's a hobby.  You have already
>proven yourself by acquiring a license.  Don't sell yourself short.

YES. It's really a matter of putting in the time to STUDY and learn the
technical side of the hobby. After all, that's what separates us from the
CBers!
The ARRL Handbook is carefully written to be accessible to folks without
engineering education, but it DOES require study to learn it, just like it took
study to get that Liberal Arts degree. I've also done a lot of tutorial writing
with a similar focus, sharing what I've learned.

As a non-technical elective in my EE program, I took courses in Music Theory,
history, and writing. I've used all of them both in my work and for my
pleasure.
In the 44 years since I finished my BSEE, I've been studying and/or reading
something almost every day. Everything from computers to photography to
acoustics to radio propagation to economics to personal investing to running a
business. That's life, and when we stop learning, it's time for someone to
throw
dirt on us.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC